There is so much to love about being a surrogate! Beyond the joy of giving a family the child they can’t have on their own, it’s a beauty dream come true. This includes your glowing skin, lustrous hair and curves for days. Yes, there are days when beauty takes a back burner, but through it all—you know you are a goddess.
If you are going to capture the beauty of your womanhood with a surrogacy pregnancy photoshoot, consider renting a stunning gown. Below are the top 5 maternity gown rental services, and tips for selecting the perfect look for your photoshoot.
Why Rent a Maternity Dress Instead of Buying?
Renting maternity clothing has become increasingly popular for a variety of reasons:
- It’s a cost-effective way to navigate your ever-changing body. The super fancy maternity dresses are shockingly expensive. To buy one new, you’re looking at hundreds of dollars. And that’s a lot of money considering you’re only wearing it once for a photoshoot.
- It’s environmentally friendly as you access quality maternity clothing.
- You can enjoy the most recent maternity and fashion trends.
- It ensures you have something for every event or occasion while pregnant. You can rent stylish maternity dresses for weddings, parties and holidays.
- When speaking of your maternity photoshoot, you can access options that are whimsical, flowing, and stylized. This includes couture maternity!
- I would also like to add that thrift shopping for maternity dresses on Poshmark is also a great way to score a deal on a fabulous maternity dress.
*Pro Tip – You can also look into renting office and everyday maternity wear. This way you won’t feel like you are wearing the same thing every day.
How to Select the Perfect Pregnancy Photoshoot Gown?
First, determine the look and feel you want to convey. It may be helpful to select your photographer before you select your dress. That way you will know where you will be shooting your photos, what the theme is, and what your background will be.
If you’re taking photos with your intended parents in the photos, make sure you coordinate your outfits and colors. The last thing you want is to go through all the effort of planning a maternity photo shoot, and then have them look kinda awkward because the styles don’t mesh well together.
Also, consider what physical features you want to highlight. Obviously, your baby bump, but you may also want to show off your arms, legs, or full breasts.
Top Maternity Dress Rental Services in the United States
Now let’s dive into the top online rental services for maternity photoshoots, special event attire, and everyday maternity essentials. I only included companies that are based in the United States and can ship to your house anywhere in the 50 states. When I was searching online, I came across so many of these maternity gown services in Australia and Canada, which isn’t super helpful if you live in America where all of our surrogates are located.
Mama Bump Rentals
Mama Bump Rentals is devoted to special occasion pregnancy dresses, yes this includes wedding dresses! They have a variety of designers to choose from, including Mama Bump originals.
- Rentals range between $50 to $163 for up to 5 days.
- Suggested delivery date is 2 days before your photoshoot.
- You can pick up and drop off if you live in the Fayetteville, GA area.
- You can also purchase retired dresses if there is one you really love.
- There is a $15 per day late fee, up to 200% of the gown’s original ticket value.
It’s more than just a late fee—in addition to the late fees assessed by all of these rental services, be mindful that another surrogate or mom-to-be has rented the same gown.
Rent The Runway
Yes, Rent the Runway has maternity gowns! They offer a range of designer options for work, weekend, date night, and special occasions. They also offer accessories so that you can create a full photoshoot look.
If you have never rented with Rent the Runway before, consider treating yourself to a full month, which may be less expensive than just renting a gown for a few days.
- Rent individual gowns for 4 to 8 days at a time for $30 to $120 per gown.
- Rent 5 items a month valuing up to $350 for a $69 trial, $94 a month thereafter.
- Rent 10 items a month valuing up to $3,000, with 5 items at a time and 2 shipments per month.
- Rent 15 items a month valuing up to $3,000, with 5 items at a time and 3 shipments per month.
- Late fees are $50 per day for one-time rentals, or the next month of charges for monthly memberships.
La Belle Bump
There are a few things that make La Belle Bump’s monthly membership unique. The first, is that they have an in-house stylist that curates your clothing mix based on your profile questionnaire and past rental history. The second, is that (with the monthly membership) you can keep the items as long as you want. The third, is that you can easily mix things up with unlimited exchanges.
If you are only renting for your pregnancy photoshoot, you will need to commit to either a 7 or 30 day rental time frame.
- Rent single everyday essentials including jeans, tees, skirts, and casual dresses for up to 30 days. Price varies per item.
- Rent 3 items at a time with unlimited exchanges for $79 per month or 5 items for $109 per month.
- Rent special occasion gowns for up to 7 days from $45 to $75 per dress.
- Late fees apply and are detailed in your individual rental contract.
Plan on being pregnant again soon? You can also purchase maternity essentials, nursing essentials, and pre-loved items from La Belle Bump.
Just like Mama Bump, Mom2B specializes in maternity gown rentals. What we really love, is that their terms are a bit more flexible in that you can rent your photoshoot gown for up to 10 days. This is ideal, especially if you will be traveling to your photoshoot location. Or if you simply want to provide a larger window to ensure the dress fits just the way you want it to.
- Rent gowns for 5 to 10 days at a time for $54 to $110 per day.
- Suggested delivery date is 2 days before your photoshoot.
- Late fee is $30 per day up to 200% of the gown’s original ticket value.
Yes, you can rent maternity gowns for your pregnancy photoshoot from Etsy designers! We selected two different sellers and suggest messaging them to discuss your dates and needs before you rent. Unlike the options above, these gowns are not designed to be worn to special events—they are only for photoshoots.
VLuxeRental Boutique rents for 7 to 10 days at a time. Their looks are ethereal, featuring neutral colors in lace, chiffon, and satin with a variety of intricate details. They even have a stunning maternity sari! Prices range from $70 to $130.
Cole Kouture offers 7 day rentals. Per their name, their maternity collection is incredibly chic and over the top fashion. Prices range from $70 to $110. Just be mindful that Cole Kouture is based in Norway, so you must leave time for customs. This is the only non-USA brand listed, because I had to include it because it’s truly stunning!Learn More